Workplace Ministry is really about being Jesus’ face, feet and hands in the Marketplace. Ed Silvoso says there are four types of Christians in the workplace.
Four Types of Christians
- A Christian who is simply trying to survive.
- A Christian who is living by Christian principles.
- A Christian who is living by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- A Christian who is transforming their workplace (or sphere of influence) for Christ.
What is a Workplace Minister?
- Marketplace Ministers bring hope to hopeless situations, wisdom in times of crisis, peace where there is conflict, innovation where there is stagnation, and love where there is indifference.
- They believe that prosperity is with a Kingdom purpose and not for their own self-gain.
- They love the Lord with their heart, soul, strength and mind (Luke 10:27 & Matt 22:37).
- They pray, “Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven” (Matt 6:10).
- They are led by the Holy Spirit and called to influence society with Biblical principles and the Holy Spirit.
They Have Been Personally Transformed and Equipped to Bring Transformation to Their Family, Work and Beyond.
Workplace Ministers Have Unshakable Integrity
Integrity (dokimos) is doing what Jesus would do, and saying what Jesus would say even under threat:
- Loss of money
- Loss of time
- Loss of resources
- Loss of credibility
- Loss of relationship
Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles. (Isaiah 40:31)
Marketplace Ministers Are…
- Filled to overflowing with:
- Faith that takes risks
- Hope that is blind to circumstances
- Love that sacrifices when God calls
- From a foundation of:
- Intimacy with God provides…
- Unshakable integrity and…
- Spirit of Rest (Not Striving or Perfection)
Workplace Ministers speak LIFE to co-workers, family and friends.